Okay, maybe not fear and loathing, but someone sure as heck has an issue with Hammerhead, as they hacked our order page on the website. Now no one can order online until we get it resolved! So much for friendly competition. I suppose it could be a random attack, but it's more exciting to dream up conspiracies.
Great weekend sales wise, as the Baker Blast soccer tournament took place Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We took in about 2600 dollars, which sounds great until you realize all of that gets set aside for sales tax payable, Department of Revenue expected tax, etc., etc! Still, a nice few days.
The store is open, the pizza is available, and Fools Onion is producing all of our products. We are finally serving real iced coffee as opposed to iced americanos, and we're ready to purchase some decent tea. We've begun serving breakfast sandwiches, nasty little things with egg pattys, canadian bacon, and tillamook cheese on english muffins. Simple and profitable, and clearly fitting a need in this neck of the woods.
We lost Savannah to the summer and a high paying raspberry harvesting job (she'll return in the Fall), and Autumn quit without notice. We're currenly debating the best way to dispense tips (weekly pooling, or doling out after each shift).
Financials suddenly became complicated, as everything we sell on the front registers must go through the Greene's Corner account first. We'll see if works.
I'm behind on paperwork. Like way behind. I've finally admitted I'm really crappy at that part of business, which is unfortunate as good bookkeeping is essential to a well-run business. Luckily, I can always improve.
I'm going to bed now so I can get up at 4:30. Thanks all of you for your continued support, and for visiting Greene's corner when you have the chance.
Scott
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.